What is Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in Cancer Treatment?
TDMall (Sydney) Clinic has a team of skilled TCM practitioners with extensive experience in providing support treatment for cancer patients.
How does TCM help in cancer treatment?
- Minimising toxins which contribute to the cancer in patient.
- Harmonising the patient body’s qi. Qi is a vital energy which is made up of two opposite and complementary factors known as Yin and Yang. Yin is represented by water while Yang by fire. The balance between the two maintains harmony in each patient body, mind and the universe.
- Overcoming the side effect that often experienced by patient during chemotherapy and radiotherapy, such as relieving fatigue and tiredness, nausea and vomiting.
- Strengthening patient immune system to fight against cancer.
What treatment modalities available in TCM?
- Chinese Herbal Medicine: Include raw herbs and GMP-compliant concentrated Chinese medicine formula granules. All herbal prescriptions are tailored to each patient’s health condition.
- Acupuncture: Involves inserting fine acupuncture needles into specific points (aka acupuncture points) on the skin to achieve balanced qi inside patient body and provide relief for many ailments, particularly those which involve pain.
- Moxibustion: This therapy consists of burning dried mugwort on particular points on the patient body, which improves qi circulation that can assist in a range of health issues.
- Wellbeing Advice: Provide adequate advice on cancer patient diet and lifestyle, according to the holistic concept of Chinese medicine.
Suite 3.03, Level 3, Macquarie
Innovation Centre, 2 Banfield Road, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113
Tel: (02) 9251 9001
Close to Macquarie Centre / Macquarie University Station
Hours of Service
Monday to Friday
9.00am to 5.30pm
Consultation and Treatment by Appointment Only
Sunday & Public Holidays Closed